The 21st Century has brought us face-to-face with the most advanced technologies. This interaction and collaboration have actually taken place in education. The classroom has become the canvas where we see the technologies and innovations getting integrated through the zeal of the teacher. There is one resource, which came into existence in the 21st century itself but still less used by us. It is even more ignored in Education, where it should be brought to the forefront. This is PODCASTING.
Podcasting means ‘Broadcasting Your Audio’ over the web. It started as ‘Audio Blogging’ and then the term was given to make it last forever. Podcasting has a vast scope of use and integration into education. It can successfully be used:
- To Make Audiobooks and Audio Explanations
- To Organise Discussions, Talks, Interviews
- To Create OER
- To Develop a Professional Portfolio online (Students & Teachers both)
- Documentation of the Curriculum as Audio Books
- Developing Collaboration and Creativity
- Strengthening Listening and Speaking Skills
- Developing an alternative Career window for Students
- Strong Alternative to Communicate in COVID Lockdown era
- Connects as Online Radio
Using Anchor SmartPhone App Tutorial
Platform to be shared: ANCHOR (App and Website Version)
- Anchor is a very Popular and Easy-to-use Interface App
- Anchor Gives Free Uploads
- It has a Live Collaboration Tool which can be used for LIVE Recordings with Call-ins allowed as it happens in Actual Radio/TV Shows
- Anchor App is self-sufficient to Record, Trim, Add Background Music, Add Special Effects and Upload.
- Anchor leads one to a Confident Entry into Podcasting – One can easily move to other platforms after using Anchor.
Visit: Anchor FM Channel Spotify Podbean SoundCloud iTunes/Apple Podcasts Gaana