Hello Dear Listeners! Welcome to Japancasting Podcast. I am Parveen Sharma from India, hosting the podcast with Prof Steve McCarty. Today we are here to interview Prof Steve again and get his insightful, thought-provoking, and experienced observations on various questions.
Hello Prof Steve, welcome to one more interaction in a short time. The presentations from your students have added a quality aspect to our podcast. It has become more inclusive in its approach by getting content from the students. Your insights about various concerns of Japanese History and contemporary matters have also brought significant interest to the Japancasting Podcast Project. Prof Ramesh Sharma has been one of the founders of this project and the force behind me to keep it going. He has shared some questions and observations. Based on the same, I have prepared this interview plan. let's initiate and we will get rewarded with your answers on them.
1. How does Japan maintain religious harmony?
2. What makes the Japanese so punctual in terms of time management?
3. What has made Japan a technology leader, as the society freely uses tech devices for daily life activities?
4. Japan is a great combo example of natural beauty and technology giant industries. How is this balance maintained?
5. Japan is a geriatric society. What values are the younger generations provided with that they respect their seniors?
For much further information about the book mentioned by Prof Steve explore A Passion for Japan: A Collection of Personal Narratives.
Steve’s chapter "Discovering Japanese Fusion of Religions on the Pilgrimage Island of Shikoku" can be freely accessed at Academia.edu onhttps://www.academia.edu/82383623 - or ResearchGate –https://www.researchgate.net/publication/361566172
Link to Japancasting Podcast Spotify Show